• Reply to: Evander Holyfield vs. Michael Moorer I   7 years 1 month ago

It seemed to me like it was more of Holyfield not being at his best, than anything. I don't like taking something away from fighters, chapeau bas to Moorer, but Evander looked just awful in this fight, he just had no stamina, almost didn't throw any punches, generally looked like an old man who is on a verge of heart attack :/

• Reply to: Leonard Bundu vs. Frankie Gavin Scorecard by Matys   7 years 1 month ago

Frankie Gavin doesn't really impress me with his technical skills or defence. I mean, he is solid fighter, but nothing spectacular. Although, I agree he has a "fighting spirit", big heart.

As for Brook vs Gavin, I think Kell is on another level compared to Frankie and I would also predict Brook winning by stoppage.

Finally someone else has scored this fight! Wasn't this a great fight? Gavin with his technical skills, defence and fighting spirit, Bundu with his relentlessness, hand speed, strength and stamina. I agree that Bundu won, I thought they tied in rounds and Bundu only won the knockdown but the fight could have gone either way, I wouldn't argue with a few points either way. What do think about Gavin vs Brook?, I think Kell will stop him in the ninth round.

• Reply to: James DeGale vs. Andre Dirrell   7 years 1 month ago

It's just really weird to me how the fighter who was knocked down HARD, rocked multiple times and then knocked down for the second time in the same round, can win this round. I mean, what else can you do to win the round? :D Maybe Marquez won the first round of the first fight against Pacquiao? :D He even landed more punches in that round ;)

And as for scoring 9:8 it's a clear mistake, it just doesn't work like that. I've explained this - if figher gets knocked down he can make the round 9:10 instead of 8:10 if he dominates the rest of the round. You DON'T just take points away thinking - ok X won 10:9, but he was knocked down, so -1 point for X equals 9:9. No. It would be 9:10 for Y instead of 8:10. Difference is substantial.

These are the rules. I'm sorry if I offended someone, I didn't mean to. English is not my native language and maybe I lack some vocabulary and intuition about what is proper to say.

• Reply to: James DeGale vs. Andre Dirrell   7 years 1 month ago

It's just wrong scoring, there is no such score as 9:8 in this case, that's all. You can create your own rules if you want as you did, I'm just pointing this out. This is not how you score the fight according to official rules, end of story :)

• Reply to: James DeGale vs. Andre Dirrell   7 years 1 month ago

1, Dirrell out worked Degale through the whole round and dominated the entire round but the last seconds. I must remind you that despite the knockdown, Dirrell clipped DeGale so well he even cut him.

2. A boxer wins the rounds by dominating his opponent. Usually a knockdown translates into a round victory for the standing boxer. However, the only significant punch by DeGale was at the end. And still...that punch didn't really hurt Dirrell. 2nd knockdown was more of a push than an actual knockdown, and Dirrell was visibly well. Still a knockdown

Therefore...Dirrell wins the round.... 10-9...but since DeGale score 2 knockdowns...8-9.