• Reply to: Miguel Cotto vs. Daniel Geale   7 years 7 months ago

IMO Golovkin is a bad matchup for Cotto. his jab,ability to adapt to what Cotto does. Triple G is also done messing around. If cotto ends up going in Vs. Canelo, Cotto willl lose his WBC Middleweight belt.

• Reply to: Miguel Cotto vs. Daniel Geale   7 years 7 months ago

I don't think this really proves quite that much. Lets be real, I mean Cotto weighed in at 153.6 and he demanded a catchweight. All the rumors point to him fighting Canelo at 154 and both Cotto and Canelo promotions don't want to fight Triple-G. Atleast not yet. I just don'think cotto can last 12 rounds with Triple G. Nothing in my mind says Cotto would win. Geale is only a good fighter at that and I would not use him as a measuring stick to mask Cotto's inept ability of facing the best contender at his weight class.

• Reply to: Miguel Cotto vs. Daniel Geale   7 years 7 months ago

Non-impressive win by Cotto. Geale was sluggish during the fight, most likely due to the catchweight toll on his body. Geale wasn't able to start unloading his usual punching output.

I've lost interest in a fight of Cotto vs Canelo. Still, the brainless (known as 'loyal') fanbase from both fighters will most likely make the fight happen.

• Reply to: The Brawl In Montreal: Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Roberto Duran I   7 years 7 months ago

I'm going to agree and disagree with you, you hit the nail in the head when you said Mayweather made the right decision by rematching Maidana, I totally agree about your overall assessment of Mayweather and Leonard but I'm going to state an interesting fact, you might notice that all the aggro from me against Mayweather was about who he is as man, not as a boxer, he can be as good as he likes at boxing but that should make him get away with beating up women, outside the ring, in the real world it is just wrong, I will say that it is irrelevant but I just wanted to point out the fact that it wasn't Mayweather's boxing I disliked and not his boxing that I was criticising. I don't agree about Brook, Khan and Thurman. Thurman beating Guerrero better than Mayweather is much more than just a notable win, Khan has beaten Barrera, Judah, Maidana and was whooping Garcia's ass before he got unlucky. Kell Brook has beaten Shawn Porter. I never said Mayweather was too afraid to fight Khan, that is a very close fight that I give Mayweather a slight edge in. Mayweather isn't a coward, in fact he is tough but he is not a warrior that can take the pain of any shots like many is his division.

Are you sure you have never heard Mayweather deny that the injury was real? I do agree that Manny could have been more gracious in defeat and probably knows he didn't win but you have to see it from his point of view, it must have been so hard to be so confident about a win you think you know you can win against the first opponent you have intensely disliked for understandable, personal reasons, you think this for years and then lose, the denial doesn't make him a bad person, it just makes him human.

• Reply to: Miguel Cotto vs. Daniel Geale   7 years 7 months ago

we will see about that. lol

I think Mayweather and Leanord have a lot of similarity's. It's either you love him or you hate him but I think almost everyone, even including me, cannot deny how great of competitors those 2 were in the ring. They are guys that have "masterclassed" a few good opponents. But they both are kind of the petty and change ring or gloves or whatever to give them a better chance to win as you stated. Its the way alot of sports are and they are not the only 2. Mayweather is not afraid of Khan and giving Maidana a rematch was the right thing to do instead of khan lasts September. Mayweather is not as big of a chicken sh** as some say. He will take a good fighter this next fight. It's hard to guess who. There isn't any merit to saying he is afraid of these guys because he has never been offered the fight yet. Thurman has challenged him- Khan and Brook too.. Mayweather has the next two months to pick who he wants to fight. But when you look at it none of those 3 have really had a top notch victory recently. In my opinion those guys are young guns that want to fight the best and get alot of money, but unless Mayweather looks all of a sudden much worse, he will beat whoever he fights in September.

I never heard of him "denying" that the shoulder injury existed. And possibly he said that the day after fight before manny could get surgury.. we all need to just lay off mayweather a little bit about it. He was the guy in the ring with Pac and he felt like Pac was just the worse fighter and if he was really injured badly it would of showed more. FM-Jr. thinks that all of this is kind of BS because for whatever reason pac still thinks he is better then mayweather. He was upset with how manny conducted that after the fight and it was a shame watching it, I was expecting manny to be gracious about the fight. Whatever Mayweather and Pacquiao do in there next fight is fine, they will have guys who want to fight them because thats were the money is at.. But there legacy's are complete. They have both reached the pinnacle. Anyone can say all they want to them, but it doesn't matter.

There were 5 rounds that I found really hard to score and that depended on style, I gave 2 to Leonard and the other 3 to Duran, this fight could easily go either way. I scored the fight not that long ago, about 3 months, I scored the fight for Duran and I gave him his due credit. Duran used his superior inside fighting and brawling to out hussle Leonard in many rounds, but Leonard used his brain, stood toe to toe with Duran, took full advantage of his opponent's fatigue (not something a pussy /coward does), it wasn't quite enough to win him the fight in my opinion but it was so close and nobody could have complained if Duran had won. You know this fight just shows what a great achievement the 'no mas' fight was, Leonard went in as the previously defeated underdog and showed his opponent how to box, schooling him so much that he felt quitting was the best option.

I think Leonard vs Mayweather is an interesting discussion, I know you love Mayweather but hate Leonard, You said that Mayweather copes with being hated and still finds a way to win, if Mayweather and Leonard had fought then I would ick Mayweather to win, but only due to the fact that I think pretty much every heavyweight world champion in this century is better than in the previous century, Mayweather might not take the Khan fight, he wouldn't dare fight Keith Thurman, Leonard was similar in that he got his own way, but je was always honest, he even admitted that if he had fought 15 rounds with Hagler in a smaller ring then he would have lost, Mayweather is denying Pacquiao's shoulder injury exisists, made Maidana wear heavier gloves, fought Pacquiao on his terms only and always denies his opponent credit.

BTW I'm saying none of this to insult you, I'm intersted to read what you have to say back to what I've written. I think these judges were right to give both fighters a share of a round if they were not 100% certain about how deserved to win the round.