• Reply to: Gennady Golovkin vs. Martin Murray   7 years 9 months ago

I think this one might get to the judges.

• Reply to: Bermane Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder Scorecard by glassjoe   7 years 9 months ago

You think I live in England? You are bang on, what gave it away? I'm assuming you're in the US. I'm one of those people who has no idea what they want to do with their life but turning pro one day is an option. I've sparred heavyweights before and it was one of those situations where they were so much stronger than me that them coming forward was controlling my punches but they couldn't hit me due to my very fast feet, they also go tired due to my fast pace. Without any doubt I would want Robert Garcia, he is the best in the world in my opinion and i would pick him to be my trainer, look how he has transformed Chino and I beleive his brother who he has helped is the best in his division, one of the best on the planet. I feel sorry for Ward, it isn't his fault he can't get fights, he looked great against underrated Edwin Rodriguez and he gave Carl Froch a boxing lesson. The one fight I can't for the love of god predict is Calzaghe vs Ward. I thought that the first Abraham vs Smith fight wsa very close, the first couple of rounds were very close, abraham clearly out boxing Smith in rounds 3-5, rounds 6 and 7 very close, Abraham taking round 8 off, Round 9 being a big Smith round and that big left hook hurt Abraham, I thought Smih had a good round 10 and 11 bu Abraham took over in that last round, I thought Abraham won but only by 2 points,those 117-111s are too harsh and a bit ridiculous i all honesty, that last judge who only gave Smith one round needs to be sacked, I believe the fight will be more competitive but Abraham wins more convicigly, ironicly I think the cards will be closer. Tommorow I'll send you that Round by round Mayweather vs Pacquiao analysis.

I've had a few injuries also, so I feel your pain. I dislocated my knee in 7th grade, broke my wrist in 6th, and separated my shoulder last year. I don't think we will ever be able to fight, I figure you live in England and I'm from America. Plus, I'm a heavyweight, so unless you want to be like Chavez Jr and blow up in weight. Haha just kidding. But I have an incredibly short reach for a heavyweight, so I have to get inside and brawl. Sometimes I soar my friend who's a featherweight and he has a longer reach than me. Martinez definitely showed he has a champions heart in that 12 round against Chavez. If you were turning pro (are you considering it) who would you want on your team? I would want Freddie Roach as my trainer and K2 as my promoter. If I became a big enough star I would become a free agent like Cotto so he can fight anyone. What are your thoughts on Abraham-Smith II. I lost all respect for Abraham when he drilled Dirrell while he was on the ground in the Super Six. THE RING lost a lot of credibility today IMO, stripping Andre Ward. What do you think?

Woah, 15 and unbeaten in 30 fights, impressive and even more embarrassing now I sound even worse when I say I have not fought yet. I'm 17 and I started boxing at 13, I have been very unlucky with injuries, I have badly sprained my hand twice and had to take 2 soul destroying months out due to a chronicle calf injury at the end of last year. Having said all this I know I'm better than many people who have fought, I just have disadvantages, I don't look like a fighter etc. I have done a fair bit of sparring so I'm not one of those people who has never hit or been hit and then has a whinge about world title fighters losing. I'm one of those fighters who is very, very physically fit and my stamina is my biggest attribute, I have very fast hands and a very good jab, I'm not so aggressive and awful at keeping my guard up, also I've been told to work on my embarrassingly bad left hook before I fight, despite my other shots being fine. Maybe I could fight you one day, that is if we are a similar weight, I'm a featherweight.

To be fair Cotto is a reasonable guy and a great fighter, I just love how Martinez doesn't hold against Chavez and always proves his toughness, he always entertains the crowd. As a British kid I know how good Barker, Murray, Macklin are/were and I know Martinez beat these guys. Agree about Kovolev. I used to be biased as a huge Pacquiao fan also and I said he wins easy but now I have thought about it and I think differently. I think Bute has indeed been "Cobra'd". I love the determination of Shumenov, I don't know his back story. Sounds interesting, I will look. I will send you that round by round later or tommorow, BTW I'm Jonny, good to meet you Robert, I'm assuming.

Basically the reason I like Canelo is because I'm a redhead and you don't find many of those in boxing. To answer a previous question, I box in the unsanctioned smoker fights, at I just turned 15. Presently I'm 30-0 26 KOs. Maybe if I turn pro I can be as popular as Canelo! I'm a Martinez fan, not a mega fan, but I had a hard time choosing who to root for between him and Cotto. I ended up going with the Puerto Rican warrior. I know that Beterbiev won twice as an amatuer, but based on pro experience, I have to go with the Krusher. Plus, Beterbiev got dropped by Jeff Page. Give it a year and I think I might change that pick. Id love to see what you think will happen between Pac Man and Money but as a huge PAC fan I'm biased so I don't think I can say much on the subject fairly. The guy I really hope will make a comeback is Lucian Bute. What are your thoughts on him, and GGG's country man Beibut Shumenov, personally I think he's POTENTIALLY a Cruiserweight title holder and if you haven't read his backstory on Sports Illustrated. It's amazing, also what is your record, sanctioned fights or otherwise?

I can completely understand that 115-113 for Canelo because he was more effective with those body shots than Lara was with his punches upstairs, I just thought that neither fighter was very active and Lara's technically skilled boxing was enough to win him the fight, Have you read my round by round version? I'm not a fan of Lara or Canelo. We would all love to see Broner lose and I think Matthysse would stop him but I think he will win a very tight split decision against Molina, I think Chino has really damaged him. Murray is a very skilled fighter, I know he is a much more technically skilled fighter than Golovkin, the question is can he absorb the inhuman power of GGG? I'm going to say a lot more than any of the previous men that have fought Golovkin but not for 12 rounds, It ink he will be ahead on the scorecards in round 9 when he gets knocked out. I don't know about you but I'm a massive Sergio Martinez fan.

I wasn't expecting to be asked such a difficult question but I wouldn't put Mayweather at the top, I'm 99% sure Pacquiao would beat him, not a bad list and many would agree with you but boxing is subjective and although my list would be very different to yours neither of us is lacking anything in terms of being a good judge. Who do you think wins out of Kovolev and Beterbiev? Kovolev is mustard, what great power and he schooled Hopkins, many thought Hopkins would out box him or get out brawled by him, nobody saw him technically schooling Hopkins. If you like I will send you a round by round version of what I think would happen if Pacman and money were to fight and you could tell me what you agree and disagree with, if you like, if not then no problem.

Thanks for saying that about my scorecards. The only one I disagree with you on is the Canelo-Lara card. Personally I have Canelo 7-5 but it could have gone either way, I just prefer harder punches to volume. Anyway, I'm hoping we'll get the Molina of the Bey 10th round and early Matthysse fight against Broner, because I would love to see him get busted up again like Chino did. I don't think Murray has more than a punchers chance against GGG, but you never know. He'll have to fight hard all 12 rounds and not fade down the stretch like he did against Sergio, in another fight that could be scored either way. Who is your current P4P top 10. I don't count Ward because of inactivity. I rate them simply based on P4P who I think would have the lowest chance of losing, so
    1. Floyd Mayweather