• Reply to: Bernard Hopkins vs. Sergey Kovalev Scorecard by ChrisBoxer14   6 years 11 months ago

I don't understand how a case can be made that B-Hop won a single round.

• Reply to: Miquel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Scorecard by glassjoe   7 years 4 days ago

No doubt about it. The deal is with my family's money situation is that my dad is currently looking for a job and my mother is the main money provider. Often times however that isn't enough though and often she has to get money out of my account to get by. Things are looking a little better though as the other day my old man got a call about some sort of broadcasting job. I'm honestly not sure what it is, but I hope he gets it.

Its all cool with the girl, at least your putting yourself out there. I see so many guys not have the balls to at least confront a girl and I hear so many excuses as to why they won't. "She's not that hot" "I just get nervous y know" "I think they're dating, yeah their definitely dating" I bet all of those sound familiar. It really is all just about confidence and I feel like that applies to both girls and boxing.

Since we are on the topic of boxing matchmaking what are your thoughts on a GGG vs Canelo matchup? I think GGG would win a close decision on that one except for one ridiculous judge that scores it widely for Canelo. Also how about a rematch between Porter and Brook? I think the first fight was much closer than most people suggest and I think Porter would do much better in the rematch; I got to go with Porter in a debatable decision. Let's see theres Stevenson vs Hopkins. Personally I don't think Stevenson is quick enough to hang with B Hop, sure he's powerful and sharp, but he also has a jaw made out of tin foil and not much in the way of slickness. I think B Hop would stun Stevenson early and outwork him for the majority of the match to earn a decisive decision. I'm sure there's plenty of other matches but those are the ones that are coming to me right now. What are your thoughts on these? I'd also be interested to hear in what other matches you think would be interesting to see as you like boxing more than anyone else I can think of on this site.

• Reply to: Randall Bailey vs. Devon Alexander   7 years 5 days ago

I can't believe people actually gave Bailey a round. 115-111 is a joke and so is 116-110. Bailey must be the most disapointing world champion in boxing history.

• Reply to: Miquel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Scorecard by glassjoe   7 years 5 days ago

To be honest I'm quite stubborn when it comes to boxing and nobody is ever going to convince me that that round is a 10-8 round, I suppose opinions are what makes boxing so great but only when those opinions are all justifiable.

At the moment I don't have a girlfriend, for no other reason that I haven't found the right girl yet. I've been in that situation loads of times when you talk to a girl, maybe flirt with her a little and then she ends the conversation with talking about her boyfriend, the last time I was in a relationship was high school. I don't have a car yet but I have a driving lesson in a couple of hours. Hope you don't mind me asking but you say your family doesn't have much money but are you in trouble or just underpaid. I have a lot to say about this topic as my family has always done a lot for charity, my dad works for a company that gives furniture to poor people, I used to sell stuff at school, I nearly got expelled and I had no idea what to do with the money so it went to charity in the end.

Finally somebody sees it, I have said before that Daniel Geale was able to hit GGG whenever he threw and he was doing a good job of making him miss, fighters like Gabe Rosado only lost because of cuts and GGG can't get a fight against somebody who can really test him, I definitely think we could both make a lot of money out of that fight , Cotto to win.

• Reply to: Recent Changes to Fight Spammers   7 years 5 days ago

Yes. Most legit people who sign up at least score one fight. The spammers were filling up the forums with nonsense and links. I just hope that the extra steps don't keep people from signing up.

Definitely. I have nothing against albertocastany for scoring it 10-8, although I disagree with it, I believe he is a good scorer regardless. I guess the common consensus is that since the judges have to mark it 10-8 then we do to. That's wrong I think because I believe it takes away part of the whole purpose of this website and that's to post your opinion. Again though as I have said before different intelligent opinions (notice the intelligent) opinions are what make boxing so great.

While we're in conversation mode I feel like it's been a while since we discussed something other than boxing. I'm curious Johnny but do you have a girlfriend? If you don't its all good because they usually take up a lot of money. Unless your me and thinks of the cheapest and sometimes dates that require no money at all. Not that I'm cheap but I just can't afford to buy things on people like I used to with the gym being fairly expensive gas and food that I buy. My family doesn't have a lot of money.

Speaking of gas, do you have your own car? Like before its cool if you don't, I myself usually find myself sharing my dad's 2001 Ford Mustang which is cool. Cars are pretty expensive nowadays though.

To go back to boxing what are your thoughts on Golovkin vs Cotto? Many people see Golovkin winning that one but I disagree. Personally I believe its just a matter of time before the right kind of boxer exposes GGG and really his defence isn't that great and I believe that Cotto has the tools to win. I sort of picture an Evander Hollyfield vs Tyson like fight with Cotto getting the decision. What are your thoughts on that fight?